Posted on 25 January, 2012 - 13:23 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2012-01-04, Here we go again
* Artist – Song – Album (year) – Where they're from – contact…
* Bain Mattox – Sixes And Fives – Bain Mattox (2003) – Athens, Georgia, USA – http://www.bainmattox.com/
* Andy Fielding – Accordion Noir theme (medium version, 1:47) – Accordion Noir (2010) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – recorded special just for our show! http://www.zisman.ca/squeezebox/Music/Accordion%20Noir%20%28leadsheet,%2004feb10%29.pdf
* El Gran Silencio – Super riddim internacional – Super riddim internacional Vol.1 (2003) – Monterrey, Nuevo León, México – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Gran_Silencio
* Captain Tractor – Pineapple Bomb – Hoserista (2000) – Edmonton, Alberta Canada – http://www.captaintractor.com/
* Figgy Duff – A Sailor Courted A Farmer's Daughter – After The Tempest (1982) – St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada – http://www.ambermusic.ca/artist_figgyduff.htm
* Linda Thompson – Blue & Gold – Versatile Heart (2007) – UK – http://www.myspace.com/lindathompsonmusic John Kirkpatrick, button accordion.
* Yves Lambert – Siecles De L'hiver – Les Vacances De Monsieur Lambert (1998) – Montreal, QC, Canada – http://www.lapruchelibre.com/lambert/en/index.php?id=0
* Pietro Deiro – International Rag – Jazz Accordion, Vol. 1 Out of France (1913/1949) (recorded in 1913)
* That Damned Band – Sensual Pole-Dance Of The Desert Lizardman – Mutantstrosities (2011) – Xenia, Texas, USA – http://www.thatdamnedband.com/
* The Gram Partisans – Papirosn – You Will Not Stand Alone (2012) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://thegrampartisans.bandcamp.com
* Nada Lewis – Syrto 85 – Hot, Sweet & Wild (2003) – San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA – http://www.folkloric.net/accordion.htm
* Wovenhand – Swedish Purse – Mosaic (2006) – Elktooth, Colorado, USA – David Eugene Edwards (might have been on accordion in there somewhere) – http://www.wovenhand.com/
* Maria Kalaniemi – Meadows and Fields – Bellow Poetry (2006) – Finland – http://www.mariakalaniemi.com/
* Tom Waits – New Year's Eve – Bad As Me (2011) – Hollywood, California, USA – http://www.tomwaits.com/ David Hidalgo, acc.
* El Gran Silencio – Cumbiamuffin – Super riddim internacional Vol.1 (2003) – Monterrey, Nuevo León, México – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Gran_Silencio
Tonight's cover illustration: a swell old photo by August Sander from ablesincain's gallery at: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/156140/10723463/in/group/64584
Please, support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio (without whom there wouldn't be an Accordion Noir), by becoming a member. Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: accordion.noir@ geemail doctor (spam is up in Vancouver these days, also, it's raining.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: email@example.com
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!
» download audio file | 25011 downloads | 1393 plays