Posted on 17 January, 2012 - 13:11 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2011-01-11, Rowan walks the Planks, with Raghu Lokanathan and Ana Bon-Bon
Come to the Creaking Planks’ 7th anniversary with Raghu Lokanathan & Ana Bon-Bon!
Wed. Jan 18, 2012, at the Railway Club, upstairs at 579 Dunsmuir Street. The show should be rolling by 8:30 pm, admission is $8, or $6 for Railway Club members.
* Artist – Song – contact…
* Creaking Planks - Accordion Noir Theme – http://creakingplanks.com/
* Ana Bon-Bon - I Put A Spell On You – http://www.anabonbon.com/
* Raghu Lokanathan - Sick Boy – http://www.raghumusic.com/
* Jesse Matheson - the French Song – http://www.myspace.com/jessematheson
* Creaking Planks - Hard to Get Gertie
* Raghu Lokanathan - You Might See Me Soon
* Ana Bon-Bon - I'm Going To Live The Life I Sing About In My Song
* Raghu Lokanathan - Untitled
* Acquaragia Drom - Ussa Sa – http://acquaragiadrom.it/sito/english,53.html
* Creaking Planks - That Pie Ain't Gonna Eat Itself
* Ana Bon-Bon - Not For All The Boys In London
* Raghu Lokanathan - On The Way There
* Creaking Planks - Kiddie Closer
* Ana Bon-Bon - Love Me No More
Tonight's cover illustration: Creaking Planks' 7th Anniversary show poster. http://creakingplanks.com/
Please, support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio (without whom there wouldn't be an Accordion Noir), by becoming a member. Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: accordion.noir@ geemail doctor (spam is up in Vancouver these days, also, it's raining.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: email@example.com
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!