Posted on 30 December, 2011 - 01:39 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2011-11-30, the Six Seasons of Love with Rejean Bussieres and Francois Laberge
Rejean and Francois recently performed at the 3rd edition of Rejean’s French Cabaret in Victoria, produced by U. Vic. proof Emmanuel Herique.
* Song – Commentary.
* Andy Fielding – Accordion Noir theme – Accordion Noir (2010) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – recorded special just for our show! Download Sheet Music from the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle site, send us your version and we'll open the show with you!
* “L’Encre de Tes Yeux” composed and recorded by Francis Cabrel in 1980, (all the rest of these are live in the studio by Rejean and Francois.)
* “Emporte-Moi” composed by Alain Barriere, a French Chansoniste, in 1968
* “La Maladie D’Amour” (love disease) – Made popular by Michel Sardou in 1973. (Top of the charts for 11 weeks!) Sardou is known for his love songs, but also for songs dealing with social and political Issues. He drew his inspiration for this song from “Pachelbel’s Canon”.
* “On ne voit pas le temps passer” – Composed and popularized by Jean Ferrat on his album Potemkin in 1965
* “Ma Solitude”
* “La Boheme” Composed and popularized by the great Armenian singer Charles Aznavour
* “Les Champs Elyssees”
* “Elle Ecoute Pousser Les Fleurs”
* “Hymne a l’Amour”
* “C’est si bon”
* “Gens Du Pays”
* “Voulez-Vous Danser Grand-Mère”
* “Autumn Leaves”
Thanks very much to guests – Rejean Bussieres – Vocals and Guitar, and Francois Laberge - Accordion!
Tonight's cover illustration is: a poster for Les Six Saisons de l'Amour Cabaret!
Please, support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio (without whom there wouldn't be an Accordion Noir), by becoming a member. Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: accordion.noir@ geemail doctor (spam is up in Vancouver these days, also, it's raining.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: email@example.com
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!
» download audio file | 5984 downloads | 150 plays