Posted on 21 December, 2011 - 00:10 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2011-12-14, Rowan's faves 2011
Check out Rowan's Gift Guide: The Official Accordion Noir Guide to Accordion Presents on Etsy This Holiday Season
* Artist – Song – Album (year) – Where are they from? – Contact info if we've got it.
* Captain Tractor – London Calling – East of Edson (1995) – Edmonton, Alberta Canada – http://www.captaintractor.com/
* Siouxsie and the Banshees – Peek-a-Boo – Peepshow (1988) – – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peek-a-Boo_(song)
* Geoff Berner – Victory Party – Victory Party (2011) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.geoffberner.com
* Hill of Beans – Satan Lend Me a Dollar – (1990) – Los Angeles, California, USA – http://www.abelincolnstory.com/hillofbeans.htm
* Regina Carter – Kanou – Regina Carter - Reverse Thread (2010) – New York, New York, USA – http://www.reginacarter.com/ Will Holshouser, acc.
* Robyn Archer – Solomon song
* Allison Crowe - Joan of Arc (Leonard Cohen)
* Ingrid Gatin – Take These Walls (Ingrid Gatin's Mystery Song #4) – Cafe Montmartre 10/05/14 set (2010) – Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – http://www.myspace.com/ingridgatin
* Raghu Lokanathan – Sick Boy – Blue Girl (0) – Victoria, BC, Canada – http://www.raghumusic.com/
* Vladimirska – Werewolf – Night Trains (2011) – Krakow, Poland – Visit http://vladimirska.bandcamp.com
* Frank Marocco – Fogo No Baile – Appassionato (2003) – Hollywood, California, USA – http://www.frankmarocco.com/
* The Fugitives – Snail Shell – Eccentrically We Love (2010) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.fugitives.ca/
* Wendy McNeill – Black/White – For the Wolf, a Good Meal (Master 2) (2011) – Canada, Sweden – http://www.wendymcneill.com/
* Flying Folk Army – Professional Protester (watch out for the swearing at end) – Massive Folk Fist To The Man – Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada – http://red-cedar.ca/?p=903
* Fang – Hipsters Playing Sports! – Diskopatska (2011) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.badler.ca/ http://www.dropcards.com/diskopatska/content/index.php
Tonight's cover illustration: Rachel Wallis' lovely little (club system?) button-box cards
Please, support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio (without whom there wouldn't be an Accordion Noir), by becoming a member. Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: accordion.noir@ geemail doctor (spam is up in Vancouver these days, also, it's raining.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: email@example.com
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!