Posted on 16 December, 2011 - 11:18 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2011-11-23, Where was Bobby Dylan When We Needed Him?
* Artist – Song – Album (year) – Where are they from? – Contact info if we've got it.
* Milann&Laloy – Slow Motion – Rozz (2011) – Belgium – www.homerecords.be
* Andy Fielding – Accordion Noir theme (medium version, 1:47) – Accordion Noir (2010) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – recorded special just for our show! http://www.zisman.ca/squeezebox/Music/Accordion%20Noir%20%28leadsheet,%2004feb10%29.pdf
* Matuto – Dois Nordestes – Matuto (2010) – Brazil/Appalachia – www.robcurto.com www.clayross.com
* The Avenues – Never Learn to Read – The Avenues (2010) – Peterborough, Ontario, Canada – www.TheAvenues.ca
* Tara Linda – Virtual Love Disaster – Accordion Babes 2012 (2011) – San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA – www.TaraLinda.com
* Maray Fuego – Green River – Squeezebox (2011) – "Rambler," USA – http://marayfuego.com/
* bonewagon – train – Toronto, Ontario, Canada – http://www.bonewagon.com/angeleyes.mp3 Kinda cool little accordion first minute and under the harmonica and stuff.
* Filippo Gambetta – Percy's Revenge / Hotel Meublè – Pria Goaea (2002) – Italy – http://www.filippogambetta.com/
* Zeek Manners and His Gang – I Betcha My Heart I Love You – The Golden Age of Zeke Manners – http://www.dagmar-anita-binge.de/
* Geoff Berner And Associates – Henry And Jason – Live In Oslo (2004) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.geoffberner.com
* Don Myers / Millennium Symphony conducted by Robert Ian Winstin / Louie Hurwitz, acc. – Le Voyage Suite (Excerpt mix) – Le Voyage Dans La Lune (1903) – The Moon, of course. – http://www.donmyersmusic.com/ http://blog.naxos.com/2009/11/10/podcast-le-voyage-dans-la-lune/
* Moxy Früvous – Video Bargainvillle – Bargainville (1994) – Ontario, Canada – http://www.fruvous.com/
* Bob Skyles & His Skyrockets – Swinging With the Accordion Man – Bob Skyles & His Skyrockets 1937-1940 – Pecos, Texas, USA – http://www.interstate-music.co.uk/index.html http://yodaslair.com/dumboozle/western/skyles.html
* Johnny Favourite – I Came So Far For Beauty – Troubadour (2010) – Toronto, Ontario, Canada (or some bar in Europe) – http://johnnyfavourite.com/
* Allison Crowe - Joan of Arc (Leonard Cohen) – Youtube!
* Art Van Damme – The Things We Did Last Summer – Swinging The Accordion On MPS – USA – http://www.artvandamme.com/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPS_Records
* The Liptonians – The Privatest Parts – Let's All March Back Into The Sea (2011) – Winnipeg, Ontario, Canada – www.theliptonians.com
Tonight's cover illustration is: Maray Fuego, http://marayfuego.com/ looking to me a lot like Bobby Dylan if he'd stayed true to his Minnesota accordion roots. Awesome painting by Trevor Long: http://www.flickr.com/photos/treverlong/5385688805/
Please, support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio (without whom there wouldn't be an Accordion Noir), by becoming a member. Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: accordion.noir@ geemail doctor (spam is up in Vancouver these days, also, it's raining.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: email@example.com
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!