Posted on 19 November, 2011 - 15:08 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2011-09-07, All Canadian, All the Time
* Artist – Song – Album (year) – Where are they from? – Contact info if we've got it.
* Geoff Berner – Shut In – Klezmer Mongrels (2009) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.geoffberner.com/
* Andy Fielding – Accordion Noir theme (short version, 1:06) – Accordion Noir (2010) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – recorded special just for our show! More, http://www.andyfielding.com/temp/visigoth.pdf
* Wendy McNeill – Stop – A Dreamer's Guide to Hardcore Loving (2008) – Sweden, Canada – http://www.wendymcneill.com/
* Wintermitts – Din Din – Cascadia Fault (2007) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://wintermitts.com/
* Kamendja – L'escalier – Sans Queue Ni Tete (2006) – Montreal, Quebec, Canada – http://www.myspace.com/kamendja
* Po' Girl – Bloom – Deer In The Night (2009) – "All over Canada" – http://www.pogirl.net/
* Saul Berson Quartet – Corner of Cairo & Main – Intricacy (2007) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – Kim Darwin, acc. http://saulberson.com/
* Mark Berube – Alarms Pt 2 – What the Boat Gave the River (2008) – Montréal, Québec, Canada – http://www.markberube.com/
* Raghu Lokanathan – Let Me Make It Home – Petal Press (2002) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.raghumusic.com/
* Ingrid Gatin – I Built This Song – Time Will Change Us - Vol 1 (2011) – Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – http://www.myspace.com/ingridgatin
* Vladimir Sidorov – Nocturne En Do# Min. – Boîte À Musique (2006) – Russia / Montreal, Québec, Canada – http://www.vladimirsidorov.com/index_en.html
* The Mountains & The Trees – Fear Of Ghosts – I Made This For You (2010) – St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada – www.themountainsandthetrees.com
* Duplex! – I Am A Robot – Ablum (2005) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://vedahille.com/
* Ingrid Gatin – One Bird – Broken Tambourine (2009) – Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – http://www.myspace.com/ingridgatin
* Scott Dunbar – Tinfoil Hat – My Boy's Gonna Play in the Big Leagues: Philosophies of a Moth Vol. 3: Two years to live (2010) – British Columbia, Canada – http://scottdunbar.wordpress.com/
Tonight's cover illustration is: this Canadian "accordions for sale" video of Walter Ostenek's clearance, or something. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8524h_accordion-for-sale-button-accordion_news
Please, support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio (without whom there wouldn't be an Accordion Noir), by becoming a member. Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: accordion.noir@ geemail doctor (spam is up in Vancouver these days, also, it's raining.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: email@example.com
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!