Posted on 14 November, 2011 - 00:42 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2011-08-31, August Derleth's Not Available (that's what I titled this back in August. Ok...)
* Artist – Song – Album (year) – Where are they from? – Contact info if we've got it.
* The Dinning Sisters – Turn Your Radio On (what year was this?) – Sweethearts of Sun Bonnet Swing– Oklahoma/Chicago, USA – http://www.dagmar-anita-binge.de/ Featured on the WLS National Barn Dance
* Andy Fielding – Accordion Noir theme (short version, 1:06) – Accordion Noir (2010) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – recorded special just for our show! More, http://www.andyfielding.com/temp/visigoth.pdf
* Maria Kalaniemi / Musiikkia Näytelmään – Malviinan Laulu – Niskavuoren Nuori Emäntä (2004) – Finland – music for theatre performance, includes new compositions plus three pieces from older albums.
* The Burnettes – The Waltons – A Boy And A Girl (2011) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – www.theburnettes.ca Geoff Berner, acc.
* Once – Is The Big Man Within/Hound's/Gerald Thomas' Burnt Potato – The Once (2009) – Newfoundland, Canada – http://theonce.ca
* Annie – Dumb Dog – Annie (1982) – Sandy the dog from the comic "Little Orphan Annie," was the first dog ever to say (in written English) "Arf."
* Eastborough – Shuffle and Slide – Your Place (2011) – Ontario, Canada – http://www.eastboroughmusic.com/ Marie-Josée Houle, acc.
* Alice Hall Trio – Just You Just Me – "the Party Tape" (that's what we call it, location and date of recording still unclear.)
* Orpheum Bell – Feel Like A Million – Pretty As You (2007) – Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA – www.orpheumbell.com
* Terhi Puronaho & Timo Alakotila – Johan Ylinikkolan Polska – Aatos (2008) – Espoo, Uusimaa, Finland – http://www.myspace.com/terhipuronaho
* Laurie Anderson – Strange Perfumes – Homeland (2010) – New York, New York, USA – Rob Burger, acc. www.LaurieAnderson.com
* Andrea Parkins – Story Of An Eye – Slippage (0) – New York, New York, USA – from Ellery Eskelin...
* Michael Occhipinti – The Almond Sorters – The Sicilian Jazz Project (2008) – Toronto, Ontario, Canada – http://www.thesicilianjazzproject.com/
Tonight's cover illustration is: The Once: http://theonce.ca
Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: accordion.noir@ geemail doctor (spam is up in Vancouver these days, also, it's raining.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: email@example.com
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!