Posted on 4 August, 2011 - 19:26 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2011-08-03, MusicFest Vancouver Hayloft Kickstart
Go to the Music Fest Vancouver this weekend!
"Accordion Day," with three international classical accordion acts!
Saturday, August 6th.
Regina Carter with her Reverse Thread Project (Will Holshouser, acc.)
Monday August 8th. Amazing opportunities!
And please consider donating to support the Hayloft Gang documentary and spread the word about the accordion history in early country music.
* Artist – Song – Album (year) – Where are they from? – Contact info if we've got it.
* Regina Carter – Kothbiro (Intro) – Regina Carter - Reverse Thread (2010) – New York, New York, USA – http://www.reginacarter.com/ Will Holshouser, acc.
* Regina Carter – Kothbiro – Regina Carter - Reverse Thread (2010) – New York, New York, USA – http://www.reginacarter.com/ Will Holshouser, acc.
* Toeac – Tango - I. Stravinsky – (0) – The Netherlands – www.musicfestvancouver.ca http://www.toeac.nl/
* Steve Normandin – Almost like being in love – Swing Road (2009) – Trois-Rivières, Québec, Canada – www.myspace.com/stevenormandin
* Alexander Sevastian – D. Scarlatti. Sonata In E – A Midsummer Night's Dream (2005) – Thornhill, Ontario, Canada – http://www.accordions.com/sevastian/
* Wax Mannequin – Volcano God – Saxon (0) – Canada –
* Geoff Berner – I Call it Dead Horse – Arts Wells festival 2011
* Raghu Lokanathen – Let Me Make It Home – Arts Wells festival 2011
* Anna Bon-Bon – True Story – Arts Wells festival 2011
* The Dinning Sisters – Down in the Divin' Bell – Sweethearts of Sun Bonnet Swing (0) – Oklahoma/Chicago, USA – http://www.dagmar-anita-binge.de/ Featured on the WLS National Barn Dance
* The DeZurik (Cackle) Sisters – My Horses Ain't Hungry – Checkerboard Squares Radio Show Recordings (194) – – All tracks are sourced from 16" transcription discs for the Checkerboard Time Radio Show (circa 1940s?). http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/08/365-days-214---.html WLS National Barn Dance-ers
* Alexander Sevastian – Rachmaninoff – Scherzo from a Midsommer Night's Dream Suite – Accordion Accordionist (radio demo) (2010) – Thornhill, Ontario, Canada – www.stationbleue.com
* Steve Normandin – Mon Cœur au Portugal – Swing Road (2009) – Trois-Rivières, Québec, Canada – www.myspace.com/stevenormandin
Tonight's cover illustration is:
Happy spring-time, and please, support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio (without whom there wouldn't be an Accordion Noir), by becoming a member. Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: accordion.noir@ geemail doctor (spam is up in Vancouver these days, also, it's raining.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: email@example.com
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!