Posted on 12 July, 2011 - 15:10 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2011-06–01, Accordion Night in Canada
* Artist – Song – Album (year) – Where are they from? – Contact info if we've got it.
* Eliza Carthy – 10,000 Miles – The Acoustic Folk Box (4) (1998) – York/Edinburgh, Northeast United Kingdom – "Four Decades of the very best acoustic folk music from the British Isles." www.TopicRecords.co.uk
* Figgy Duff – Lake St. John Reel/The Blackthorn Stick – After The Tempest (1982) – St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada – http://www.ambermusic.ca/artist_figgyduff.htm
* Reno Browne & Her Buckaroos featuring Bill Haley (voc) – My Sweet Little Girl From Nevada – From Western Swing To R-O-C-K (1): Rockry 88 (1949) – http://www.propermusic.com/ Johnny Grande, acc.
* Trackshittaz & Lukas Plöchl – Oida Taunz – Eurovision (2011) – Austria – Rowan brought this back from Europe just for us.
* Tex Williams & the Western Caravan – Cattle Call [cuts off] – Tex Williams & His Western Caravan- 1946-1951 – http://www.interstate-music.co.uk/countryroutes/rfdcd17.htm
* Christa Couture – Fell Out Of Oz – Fell Out Of Oz (2005) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.christacouture.com/ Sara Ciantar, acc.
* Ikue Mori – 8 Million Ways To Die – Hex Kitchen (1995) – New York? – On John Zorn's Tzadik records. Zeena Parkins, acc.
* Marquiswing Quartet – 7 – Rowan brought this back from Europe just for us.
* Lullaby Baxter Trio – Mama (Should I Bake A Cherry Pie And Hide You Inside?) (LP Version) – Capable Egg (2000) – Montréal, Québec, Canada – http://www.lullabybaxter.com/ Rob Burger, acc.
* Ramblin' Jack Elliott – How Long Blues – A Stranger Here (2009) – Brooklyn, New York, USA and so on. – http://ramblinjack.com/
* Natalie Merchant – The Man in the Wilderness – Selections From The Album Leave Your Sleep (2010) – http://www.nataliemerchant.com/
* Petar Ralchev – Peter Ralchev Interview (part 2) – Petar Ralchev Interview (2011) – Bulgaria – http://petarralchev.com/
* Peter Ralchev – youtube – "THE MASTERS" BULGARIAN FOLK SEMINAR 2007 (2007) – Bulgaria, Eastern Europe – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkK6CHA_GuY&feature=player_embedded
* Marquiswing Quartet – 5 – Rowan brought this back from Europe just for us.
* Brave Combo – The Innocent Gadfly – Polka's Revenge (2007) – Denton, Texas, USA – http://www.brave.com/bo/
* Fidgital – souvenir – Departure (2011) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.fidgital.com/main.php
Tonight's cover illustration is: our kind guest Petar Ralchev, http://petarralchev.com/
Happy spring-time, and please, support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio (without whom there wouldn't be an Accordion Noir), by becoming a member. Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: accordion.noir@ geemail doctor (spam is up in Vancouver these days, also, it's raining.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: email@example.com
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!