Posted on 26 June, 2011 - 10:01 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2011-05-18, Sunny Day in Amsterdam (Remember when it was spring?)
* Artist – Song – Album (year) – Where are they from? – Contact info if we've got it.
* Julz-A – Sunshine Decay – Squeeze Right EP (2007) – New York City, New York State, USA – www.julz-a.com
* Andy Fielding – Accordion Noir theme (long version, 2:30) – Accordion Noir (2010) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – recorded special just for our show! More, http://www.andyfielding.com/temp/visigoth.pdf
* yeti (Jetty Swart) – Train de Nuit – Chez Michton (studio dubs?) – France/Netherlands – http://lecrideyeti.free.fr/accueil2.htm
* Kajto – Stacidoma Muzikanto – Lokomotivo, rulu nun! (2004) – Esperanto / Netherlands (Nederlando) – http://www.xs4all.nl/~marianta/indexen.html
* Johnny Meyer – Deed i do – Johnny Meijer: Dutch Swing College Band "128" (1974) – The Netherlands – 00000290 00000290 00000668
* De Amsterdam Klezmer Band – Noushka – De Amsterdam Klezmer Band (2003) – Amsterdam, the Netherlands – http://www.amsterdamklezmerband.nl/english/index.html
* Dsd (the mysterious Derrick Stacey Denholm) – Sunlit Clearing – Norsk Drag (2006) – Prince George, BC, Canada – Apt 9, 423 3rd Ave West. Prince Rupert, BC. V8J 1L4, Canada
* Kate & Anna McGarrigle – sun, son(shining on the water) – love over and over (1982) – Canada – sounds like ABBA
* Quintet Johnny Meyer – Ain't She Sweet – Squeeze Me 3: 1943-53 Rebop Continental (The Jazz and Swing Accordion Story) (1947) – The Netherlands – http://www.venerablemusic.com/catalog/TitleDetails.asp?TitleID=12048
* Trio Nuevo: Michael Gustorff - violin, Hans Sparla - accordion, Dick de Graaf - Tenor Saxophone and special guest Sandra Coelers - Voice – Sleeping Giant – Jazz meets Tango (2006) – The Netherlands – Hans Sparla, acc. (the other trio members have sites...) http://www.dickdegraaf.com/html/trioNuevo_Eng_001.htm
* Gordon Fleming – East Of The Sun – According To Gordie (1950) – Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – http://famgroup.ca/gordiefleming/navigation/gordie.htm
* Amsterdam Klezmer Band – Odessa's Blast Out – Remixed (2006) – Amsterdam, the Netherlands – http://www.amsterdamklezmerband.nl/news.html
* Duo Mares – Amber and Cream – Volume Nuevo (2010) – The Netherlands – www.duomares.com
* Mat Mathews – Now See How You Are – Squeeze Me 4: 1951-55 A Lesson In Bop (The Jazz and Swing Accordion Story) (1955) – The Netherlands – http://www.venerablemusic.com/catalog/TitleDetails.asp?TitleID=12048
* Zeellia – Our Spring – Willow Bridge – Vancouver, BC, Canada – www.zeellia.com
* Servais Haanen – Ohne Wahnwagen – Cataract (2007) – Niederlande (Netherlands) – www.klangwelten.com
Tonight's cover illustration is: Johnny Meijer's Grave (how cool is that?) http://www.studiokoning.nl/Foto_24/Vredenhof.html
Happy spring-time, and please, support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio (without whom there wouldn't be an Accordion Noir), by becoming a member. Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: accordion.noir@ geemail doctor (spam is up in Vancouver these days, also, it's raining.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: email@example.com
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!