Posted on 4 October, 2010 - 22:53 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2010-09-08, Smoothly Shaven
Apologies for falling so far behind with these episodes while preparing for our Accordion Noir Festival. We're almost caught up now. The Fest was grand, we hope for more and better next year!
* Artist – Song – Album (year) – Where are they from? – Contact info if we've got it.
* Andy Fielding – Accordion Noir theme (medium version, 1:47) – Accordion Noir (2010) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – recorded special just for our show! More, http://www.andyfielding.com/temp/visigoth.pdf
* Jacques Pellarin Trio – L'Ephemère – Sound of Philadelphia (200) – St. Genix sur Guiers, France – www.jacquespellarin.fr
* Dave Specter – Rumba & Tonic – Spectified (2010) – Chicago, Illinois, USA – (With David Hidalgo of Los Lobos, acc.) – DaveSpecter.com
* La Strada – The Mountain Song – New Home (2010) – Brooklyn, New York, USA – http://www.myspace.com/lastradanyc
* Billy Bragg - The marching song of the covert battalions – The Internationale (2006) – United Kingdom – http://www.billybragg.co.uk/
* Humphery Bogart and Jennifer Jones – "It made you seem less dead." – Beat the Devil (1954)
* Hill of Beans - Satan Lend Me a Dollar – (1990) – Los Angeles, California, USA – http://www.abelincolnstory.com/hillofbeans.htm
* Accordion Crimes – So This Accordion Walks Into A Bar... – Accordion Crimes (2005) – Toronto, Ontario, Canada – http://www.accordioncrimes.ca/
* Kate Maki – Crossfire – Two Song Wedding (2010) – Sudbury, Ontario, Canada – www.katemaki.com
* The Mad Maggies – Morning Star – Skull & Magpies (2009) – San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA – theMadMaggies.com
* One Ring Zero – Malthsuian Picnic – Live At Barbès (2008) – Virgina / Brooklyn, New York, USA – http://www.oneringzero.com/
* Chicha Libre – Sonido Amazonico – Sonido Amazonico final Master (0) – Brooklyn, New York (USA) – Josh Camp (One Ring Zero), Hohner Electrovox accordion http://www.barbesrecords.com/chicha.html http://www.barbesrecords.com/chicha.html
* Carson Sisters – saxophone accordion 1930s – from where? (0) – –
* Mark Berube & the Patriotic Few – Tailored To Fit – Tailored To Fit [EP] (2010) – Vancouver / Toronto, Canada – http://www.markberube.com/
This episode is named for the fact that Rowan auctioned off his beard to raise funds for the Arts Wells festival
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion-festival information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
We have one more Accordion Babes Calendar to entice you. Mailed anywhere in the world for the first person who signs up for a general or monthly donor donation!
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: email@example.com
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!