Posted on 22 June, 2010 - 13:25 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2010-06-09, Doughnuts in the Lobby Show
*Artist – Song – Album (year) – Where are they from? – Contact info if we've got it.
* Andy Fielding – Accordion Noir theme (medium version, 1:47) – Accordion Noir (2010) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – recorded special just for our show! More, http://www.andyfielding.com/temp/visigoth.pdf
* Camille Feruzi – Likambo Ya Ngana – Congo Accordeon (0) – Congo, Central Africa – (From Jared Snyder)
* New Orleans Klezmer Allstars – Hartman Pick Up Your Accordion And Play – Fresh Out The Past (2005) – –
* Madagascar – Bear Goes Shopping – Forced March (2005) – – musical saw!
* Yin Carizo – 20 de Enero en Ocu – Panamá! 3 (Calypso Panameño, Guajira Jazz & Cúmbia Típica on the Isthmus (1960-75) (1968) – Panama, Central America – http://www.soundwayrecords.com/
* The Black Cat Orchestra – Paso Robles – Long Shadows At Noon (2006) – Seattle, Washington, USA – http://www.blackcatorchestra.com/ recorded in the Capitol Theatre!
* The Monster Show – Church Bells & the Sad Girl – And in Our Final Days as Archipelago (2009) – Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – www.myspace.com/monstershowmusic The Pink Album -- there's a whack of accordion at the end; also of note, I took one pass at the tune with just the 'whooshing' sound of the bellows, and you can hear the creaking of the leather too -- I'm pretty happy wi
* Alexander Sevastian – S. Rachmaninov. Midsummer Night's Dream. Scherzo – A Midsummer Night's Dream (2005) – Thornhill, Ontario, Canada – http://www.accordions.com/sevastian/
* Zetaboo – Checkpoint Charlie – MediZine (2000) – Finland – from Finland
* Dan Milner (Tim Collins, Concertina) – Bold McCarthy (The City of Baltimore) – Irish Pirate Ballads and Other Songs of the Sea (2009) – New York, New York, USA – http://www.folkways.si.edu/index.html
* Liz Alex Guy – Forget Her Face – Led To Sea (2007) – Seattle, Washington, USA – http://www.ledtosea.com/
* Those Darn Accordions – Tandem Bike – West Coast Accordion Babes Pin-Up Calendar 2010 (2009) – San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA – http://www.thosedarnaccordions.com/index.htm http://www.squeezeboxgoddess.com/abcalendar/prices.html
* Reverend Jess Duggan – Birds of the Mid-Atlantic – (2005) – Oakland, California, USA – I think this is: http://www.myspace.com/onebeerprophet
* Totore Chessa – Dilliriana (Dillu) – Organittos (1996) – Sardinia, Italy – (I can't find any contact info online, but you can get his record if you search.)
* Iron & Wine – Kingdom Of The Animals – Around The Well [Disc 2] (2009) – Texas, USA – http://www.ironandwine.com/
* Fairy Boy/Story. – List A Place You'd Like To See Firebombed – Stay Here/In A Barren Wasteland With Cruel Intentions (2009) – Halifax, Nova Scotia/Cardigan, Prince Edward, Canada – http://www.myspace.com/storysong
This episode's cover is: An accordion playing rat. Of course.
Check www.SqueezeboxCircle.org for Vancouver-area shows and squeezing! Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets next Thursday, May 6th, International Accordion Day! Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. At about 8 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
We have one more Accordion Babes Calendar to entice you. Mailed anywhere in the world for the first person who signs up for a general or monthly donor donation!
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: email@example.com
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!