Posted on 7 December, 2009 - 16:12 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2009-12-04, GunBellows Anniversary Weirderness!
[Jardel, our new favorite listener from Brazil, noticed a few shows had the ends cut off. That's not right! We're trying to replace those with corrected versions. If you hear such problems, it's great to let us know so everybody won't miss a thing. Thanks Jardel!]
Pick up Accordion Babes Pin-up Calendars to support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio! Spartacus Books, Highlife Records, or Co-op Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org or email us: email@example.com
WARNING: THIS IS QUITE A STRANGE SHOW. THERE'S SOME TALK, A FEW SONGS AT THE BEGINNING AND END (STAY FOR THE END), AND THEN KUMA FROM ART OF BEATZ AND GUNSHAE JOINS US FOR A LONG, FREE-IMPROV WITH LOTS OF NOISY STUFF IN THE MIDDLE. JUST SO'S YOU KNOW, THAT'S WHAT WE GET UP TO AT 2 AM. LATER TODAY WE RETURN TO OUR NORMAL PROGRAMMING...
* (Oh yeah, that's Brian Eno from the Art of Beatz show preceding us. It's from Discrete Music if I'm not mistaken. The Art of Beatz show that was our neighbor when we were at this time is nice. http://www.artofbeatz.org/siteframe.html Some of them are in Gunshae (thus the title of this episode: http://www.myspace.com/gunshae
* The Mekons – Dark Dark Dark – Natural (2007) – http://www.myspace.com/mekons
* Walter Rhodes – Banty Rooster Blues – One of only two solo African American accordion tracks preserved in the Library of Congress (1927) – Ruleville, Mississippi, USA – Compiled by Jared Snyder, who is awesome!
* Orpheum Bell – Metropolitan Waltz – Pretty As You (2007) – Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA – www.orpheumbell.com
* GunBellows – I See Dead Accordions, parts I-III. Live in the studio with Kuma from Gunshae, Rowan and Bruce and various variouses, including the amusing Accordio, the best accordion program on Bruce's phone! (run through some effects for maximum silliness and occasional kinda coolness.) http://www.LivingTransient.com/
* Squeezy Easy – Smoke On the Water – Has to be seen to be believed, seriously, pause this and go watch this guy. He's got a bunch of others too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3eQmm-EYPE
* Hearse – Small Problem – Cavalcade Of The Scars II - Through Our Own Eyes (2008) – Vancouver Island, BC, Canada – www.selfrighteous.ca
This episode's cover is: the little icon for the Accordio App. http://www.LivingTransient.com/ Lovely!
And that's year three of Accordion Noir!
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters!
We've got Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our moto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. Tentatively $25 mail-order. We may adjust that as we see how much postage costs. We'll get some pictures up on our Squeezebox Circle site as soon as I take some. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have the 2010 Accordion Babes Pinup Calendar!
Women posing with their sexy accordions. What’s this mean for the world?
Saucy, Sexy, Campy, Suggestive? We might be the only Canadian source, and they sold out last year, so get ‘em quick for all your squeezy friends.
Another fundraiser for Co-op Radio, includes a cool CD of accordion music made by these women and their bands. $20 / $25 with postage to wherever you are.
Again, our new "One Less Guitar" sticker is available for $2 (or $8 for five) as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: email@example.com
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!
Co-op Radio is almost completely sponsored by listeners, no huge government or corporate funds. Each show asks its supporters to kick in to keep the whole affair on the air. Our show needs to earn $700 a year for our share of CFRO's budget. Get an online membership at www.CoopRadio.org, and tell them Accordion Noir sent you. Please email us if you donate too, so we make sure squeezeboxes get credit!
If you make a donation, you will win a prize! (Let us know you donated and we'll haggle.)
That's how we keep Accordion Noir, and CFRO, on the air.
Thank you, we hope you're having fun!
Let us know where you're listening from: firstname.lastname@example.org