Posted on 7 December, 2011 - 20:06 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2011-02, Not Quite Spooky Enough
* Tummel – Est schmerz in Hanoi – Transit (2004) – Sweden – http://www.tummel.nu/
* Andy Fielding – Accordion Noir theme (medium version, 1:47) – Accordion Noir (2010) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – recorded special just for our show! More, http://www.andyfielding.com/temp/visigoth.pdf
* The Magpies / Roger Hoover – Tea Kettle – Eastern Standard Time (2008) – Cleveland, Ohio, USA – http://www.the-magpies.com
* Meatdraw – Crazy – Fin Du Monophone (2008) – Victoria, BC, Canada – www.meatdraw.com
* Culann's Hounds – A Thousand Flowers – West Coast Accordion Babes Pin-Up Calendar 2010 (2009) – –
* Bill Monroe & His Blue Grass Boys – Nobody Loves Me (alt take) – The Essential Bill Monroe & His Blue Grass Boys: 1945-1949 [Disc 1] (1945) – – With Sally Ann Forrester, acc! (I think she's in there…)
* Amber Lee Baker – Waiting for the Night to Fall – http://www.amberleeandtheanomalies.com/merchandise.htm
* Hannah James & Sam Sweeney – Ploughboy's Dream – Catches & Glees (2009) – Sheffield , UK – http://www.hannahandsam.co.uk/
* David Roy Parsons – To Everyman's Closet – Self-Titled (0) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.myspace.com/davidroyparsons
* Elfin Saddle – Running Sheep – Ringing For The Begin Again (2009) – Montréal, Québec, Canada – www.myspace.com/elfinsaddle
* The Tiger Lillies – Cheapest Show – Circus Songs (2000) – United Kingdom – http://www.tigerlillies.com/
* Guy Klucevsek And Alan Bern – Sideways: Final quartet – Notefalls (2007) – –
* Dsd (Derrick Stacey Denholm) – Picasso's Last Words (drink to me) – If We Ever Get Out of Here: a Prince George tribute to Band on the Run (2008) – Prince George, BC, Canada – Apt 9, 423 3rd Ave West. Prince Rupert, BC. V8J 1L4, Canada
* Enoch Kent – Some Ha'e Meat – One More Round (2008) – Glasgow, Scotland / Ontario, Canada – http://www.enochkent.ca/
Tonight's cover illustration is: A mysterious advertisement for accordion-shaped security windows? Or something more sinister? "broker-security-systems..." Perhaps an attempt to profit off of people's fears of "crime" despite sinking crime rates? Fear costs, and profits others. But what's up with the accordion windows?
Please, support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio (without whom there wouldn't be an Accordion Noir), by becoming a member. Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: accordion.noir@ geemail doctor (spam is up in Vancouver these days, also, it's raining.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: email@example.com
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!