Posted on 8 May, 2010 - 12:18 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2010-05-07, Siete de Mayo and stuff.
*Artist – Song – Album (year) – Where are they from? – Contact info if we've got it.
The Gospel train ended their show with a wonderful track we'll include to start: Leon and Eric Bibb (Janne Petersson, acc) – Home In That Rock – Praising Peace: A Tribute To Paul Robeson – http://www.ericbibb.com/
* Andy Fielding – Accordion Noir theme (short version, 1:06) – Accordion Noir (2010) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – recorded special just for our show! More, http://www.andyfielding.com/temp/visigoth.pdf
* Piñata Protest – Polka Time – Plethora (2010) – San Antonio, Texas, USA – http://www.myspace.com/pinataprotest
* Amalia Delgado Con El Conjunto Inspiración Santeña – Carretera Al Canajagua – Panamá! 3 (Calypso Panameño, Guajira Jazz & Cúmbia Típica on the Isthmus (1960-75) (1966) – Panama, Central America – http://www.soundwayrecords.com/
* Raul "El Ruco" Martinez – La Chamagosa – Dueto Alegre: Historic First Recordings 1948-1956 – Texas, usa – http://www.arhoolie.com
* Narciso Martínez – El Amor De Pancita (Mazurka) – Norteño & Tejano Accordian : Vol. 3-Texas Mexican Border Music
* Pistolera – Sueltalo – Pistolera ep (2005) – Brooklyn, New York (USA) – http://www.pistolera.net/
* Moonrra Y Su Batallón – La Cumbia Del Monrra – Arriba La Cumbia! (2008) – http://crammed.greedbag.com/
* Chango Spasiuk – Pynandy – The Charm Of Chamame (compilation) – Argentina – http://www.changospasiuk.com.ar/index1.html
* Rene Marino Rivero – "Maxixa" Maxixa – Bandoneon Pure: Dances Of Uruguay (1993) – Uruguay – http://www.duoriverodiaz.com/
* Story – Busy – Halifax, Nova Scotia/Georgetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada – http://www.myspace.com/storysong
* Ingrid Gatin – How Did I Get So – Broken Tambourine (2009) – Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – www.IngidGatin.com
* The Chieftains With Lila Downs – El Relampago – San Patricio (2010) – Ireland/México – http://www.thechieftains.com/
* Conjunto Bernal (Paulino Bernal) – Marina – Mi Humilde Corazon – Texas, usa – http://www.arhoolie.com
* Los Fabulocos Feat. Kid Ramos – Day After Day – Los Fabulocos (2008) – Whittier, California, USA – http://www.myspace.com/losfabulocos
* Os Mutantes – 2000 E Agarrum – Haih Or Amortecedor (2009) – Brasil – http://www.mutantes.com/
* Ibrahim Ferrer – Náufrago – Buenos Hermanos (2003) – Cuba –
* Piñata Protest – Campesino – Plethora (2010) – San Antonio, Texas, USA – http://www.myspace.com/pinataprotest
* Conjunto Bernal (Paulino Bernal) – Cuando Bebo – Mi Humilde Corazon – Texas, usa – http://www.arhoolie.com
---- and after the break ----
* Story (told right) – Busy – from Myspace again, hope I got this right. – Halifax, Nova Scotia/Georgetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada – http://www.myspace.com/storysong
This episode's cover is a weird metal mariachi-accordion player. I think his accordion is backwards, with a lot of buttons welded on. Not sure how playable that would be: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/ssuccexxy/new%20mexico/IMG_1833.jpg
Check www.SqueezeboxCircle.org for Vancouver-area shows and squeezing! Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets next Thursday, May 6th, International Accordion Day! Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. At about 8 PM.
Let us know where you're listening from: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
We have one more Accordion Babes Calendar to entice you. Mailed anywhere in the world for the first person who signs up for a general or monthly donor donation!
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We've got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: email@example.com
Again, our fame-ulous "One Less Guitar" stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!