Posted on 28 November, 2009 - 16:06 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2009-11–27, Squeezebox Circus Music!
Remember, this month's Vancouver Squeezebox Circle is on Wednesday Dec 2nd (not Thurs), at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. SqueezeboxCircle.org
Pick up Accordion Babes Pinup Calendars to support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio! See you there!
* Intro by with Duckmandu's Stars and Stripes Forever! (Don't worry, we handled the emergency.)
* The Decemberists – My Mother Was A Chinese Trapese Artist – 5 Songs (2003) – Portland, Oregon, USA – http://www.decemberists.com/
* Cirkestra – Cirkestra_evolution_of_the_sound – Accordion Noir (2009) – –
* Cirkestra – Overture – Adventure Di Pinocchio (2005) – Massachusetts, USA – www.cirkestra.com
* Cirkestra – Cirkestra_Origins_of _the_band – Accordion Noir (2009) – –
* Friendly Rich & The Lollipop People – Egg Circus Theme – The Friendly Rich Show (2006) – Georgetown, Ontario, Canada – www.friendlyrich.com
* Circus Contraption – Loligo's Pickled Punks – Grand American Traveling Dime Museum (2005) – –
* Cirque Éloize – Prendimi prendimi – Nomade (0) – Montréal, Québec, Canada – Sonia Painchaud, acc. http://www.cirque-eloize.com/en/
* Four Flea Circus – 5:25 - 6:25 – (0) – Japan, San Francisco, USA – marié abe is workin' here on box. http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~chazf/
* Vermillion Lies – Circus Fish – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX2V01VZQq4 http://www.vermillionlies.com/contact.html
* The UnSettlers – Pomp And Circus Tents – The UnSettlers (2008) – Montreal, Quebec, Canada – http://www.myspace.com/theunsettlers
* Cirkestra – Charivari – Alice (2004) – Massachusetts, USA – from the FrickinCircus.org guywww.cirkestra.com
* Richard Galliano Quartett – Le clown perdu – New Musette (1991) – Spain – (Label Bleu ) http://www.richardgalliano.com/common_pages/pages_disco/new_musette.htm
* Hamster Theatre – The Turn Of Events – Carnival Detournement (0) – Boulder, Colorado, United States – http://www.generalrubric.com/hamster/splash3.html
* The Tiger Lillies – Freakshow – Circus Songs (2000) – United Kingdom – http://www.tigerlillies.com/
This episode's cover is: the fabulous and inspirational book, Freaks & Fire: the Underground Reinvention of Circus, by J.Dee Hill. http://www.softskull.com
And a knick-knack clown Rowan found for me! We love knick-knacks; I'm after some accordion-salt and pepper shakers now.
And here's a limited-time-only secret decoder-code! KYME4D8GPG9X
(It's for some high-stakes blog-rating scam Rowan's fallen for, or something. We'll let you know how that turns out.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters!
We've got Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our moto: "Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument."
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. Tentatively $25 mail-order. We may adjust that as we see how much postage costs. We'll get some pictures up on our Squeezebox Circle site as soon as I take some. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have the 2010 Accordion Babes Pinup Calendar!
Women posing with their sexy accordions. What’s this mean for the world?
Saucy, Sexy, Campy, Suggestive? We might be the only Canadian source, and they sold out last year, so get ‘em quick for all your squeezy friends.
Another fundraiser for Co-op Radio, includes a cool CD of accordion music made by these women and their bands. $20 / $25 with postage to wherever you are.
Again, our new "One Less Guitar" sticker is available for $2 (or $8 for five) as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: email@example.com
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!
Co-op Radio is almost completely sponsored by listeners, no huge government or corporate funds. Each show asks its supporters to kick in to keep the whole affair on the air. Our show needs to earn $700 a year for our share of CFRO's budget. Get an online membership at www.CoopRadio.org, and tell them Accordion Noir sent you. Please email us if you donate too, so we make sure squeezeboxes get credit!
If you make a donation, you will win a prize! (Let us know you donated and we'll haggle.)
That's how we keep Accordion Noir, and CFRO, on the air.
Thank you, we hope you're having fun!
Let us know where you're listening from: firstname.lastname@example.org