Posted on 23 August, 2009 - 15:25 byBruce Triggs
AccNoir-2009-08-21, Mysterious Journey
*Artist – Song – Album (date) – Sources
* Franz Nicolay – Dead Sailors – Major General (2009) – New York, New York, USA – http://www.franznicolay.com/index.html (also of Hold Steady, World Inferno Friendship Society, etc.)
* Sara Ciantar – Prarie Storm – Lines for Keeping (2009?) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.myspace.com/saraciantarmusic
* Phil Cunningham & Aly Bain – Quendale Bay – The Pearl (1994) – Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom – http://www.philcunningham.com/
* Kim Kashkashian – Litany, Variation 2 (Andreas Tsekouras, acc) – Ulysses' Gaze (1995) – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Kashkashian
* Patti Smith – Helpless (Jay Dee on accordion) – 31 December 2007 Bowery Ballroom, New York, NY, USA (2007) – http://www.pattismith.net/
* Headwater – Pleasure And The Rhyme – Lay You Down (2008) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – www.myspace.com/headwater
* The Album Leaf & Sigur Rós – Streamside – In A Safe Place (2004) – – http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/ http://www.thealbumleaf.com/
* Nathan Stodola, the RenagadeAccordion – James Bond Theme – Youtube Video (2008) – New York, NY, USA – http://www.youtube.com/user/renegadeaccordion This guy has a a very weird selection of accordion-playing videos.
* Terror of Tiny Town (Geoff Berner) – Kim Philby – Terror of Tiny Town (When did this come out Geoff?) – Vancouver, Canada – http://www.geoffberner.com
* Meatdraw – In The Afterlife – Fin Du Monophone (2008) – Victoria, BC, Canada – www.meatdraw.com
* The Redboot Quartet – Toon Town – Liquor for Thieves (2009) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.myspace.com/redbootquartet
* Jean-Christophe Renault & Didier Laloy – Ziguichor – Hors-Piste (2005) – Belgium! – http://www.didierlaloy.be/index.html
* The Decemberists – Sons & Daughters – The Crane Wife (2006) – Portland, Oregon, USA – http://www.decemberists.com/
* Ginggang – The Angelic Contraption (Nissa Diamant, concertina) – The Twentieth Century Zodiak (2005) – Portland, Oregon – http://www.myspace.com/ginggangband
This episode's cover is: The RenagadeAccordion, with his street-performing outfit from his Back to the Future video! http://www.youtube.com/user/renegadeaccordion
Look out for the 2nd Annual Accordion Noir Festival!
September 11-12 in Vancouver!
Again, our new "One Less Guitar" sticker is available for $2 (or $8 for five) as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle "Donate" link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir's beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!
Co-op Radio is almost completely sponsored by listeners, no huge government or corporate funds. Each show asks its supporters to kick in to keep the whole affair on the air. Our show needs to earn $700 a year for our share of CFRO's budget. Get an online membership at www.CoopRadio.org, and tell them Accordion Noir sent you. Please email us if you donate too, so we make sure squeezeboxes get credit!
If you make a donation, you will win a prize! (Let us know you donated and we'll haggle.)
That's how we keep Accordion Noir, and CFRO, on the air.
Thank you, we hope you're having fun!
Let us know where you're listening from: email@example.com